Principles I follow in the kitchen to stay healthy!
My Healthy Eating Principles
- ALWAYS Eat breakfast
- Eat within 1 hour of waking
- Eat every 2-3 hours
- Avoid condiments like BBQ sauce, Ketchup… etc.
- Use Mustard, Horseradish, Salsa, or Hot Sauce
- Don’t add extra salt
- Use Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- Only have red meat 1-2x a week
- Combine lean protein and complex carbs for every meal
- Eat 4 cups of vegetables a day
- Drink 1 oz of water for each lb you weigh
- Avoid juices (fruit juice)
- Avoid sugar after 4pm (including fruit)
- Avoid processed refined foods especially white flour and sugar
- Avoid Saturated and Trans Fat
- Avoid Alcohol
- Avoid high calorie dense foods that provide little nutritional value
These Principles will help you boost your metabolism, burn fat, and build muscle!
It is really helpful to start with prepping your food ahead of time so there is no reason to fall off track and eat the wrong food. Prepping food requires you cooking healthy food in bulk and portioning it out so you can just grab-and-go when needed. I highly recommend meals that include lean protein (chicken breast, fish, turkey) and complex carbohydrates (brown rice, sweet potatoes, veggies).
Don’t worry this part is really easy and just takes maybe two hours once a week to wash, cut, cook, and store the food.
Once you have done it once you will wonder why you never did it before. Meal prepping saves time, stress, prevents bad choices, helps portion, and makes you feel better!
Snacking can be a dangerous!!! I understand being hungry during the day, and meal prepping allows there to always be a healthy option to go for instead of bad sugary or salty snack!
Check out my tips on the dangers of fruit in my blog Can Fruit Make You Fat?